Rental Housing

Rental Housing Complaint Investigations

In the City of Zanesville
The City of Zanesville Code Enforcement Division is responsible for complaint response and enforcement within the City of Zanesville. Phone:455-0645

In Muskingum County
The Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department is responsible for complaint response and enforcement of alleged structural and sanitation issues in rental houses and apartments in Muskingum County under authority of Board of Health Resolution 01-11.

Three Ways to File a Complaint 

1. Visit the ZMCHD office at 205 N. 7th Street, Zanesville, OH 43701. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm, but closed government holidays.

2. Call ZMCHD at 740-454-9741 extension 221 and request a Rental Housing COmplaint Form to be mailed or faxed to you. Return the form by mail to: ZMCHD, 205 N. 7th St, Zanesville, OH 43701.

3. Click here to submit a Public Health Complaint Form

Email Adam Dickerson, or call 740-454-9741 extension 236.